Signs & Symptoms of Dementia
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, work or at leisure
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images & spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things & losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood & personality
How Therapy Can Help
- Determine you or your loved one’s exact level of function through an examination by one or more professionals who have received extended education and/or certification in helping individuals with memory changes.
- Establish techniques to help you safely stay in your home for as long as possible
- Provide individualized tips to help you stay independent in as many areas as possible.
- Help you connect with other services in your area that can provide support to you and your loved one.
- Offer guidance to care givers to help reduce unwanted behaviors
Questions or concerns regarding dementia?
Contact a therapist at your local BST location.